Monday, May 31, 2010

Let's Throw It Altogether

There's not really a specific theme to his post, so here goes. I was a little bored yesterday, the TV was taken, the computer was occupied, my brain had fizzled at the moment during my writing, so I came up with these beauties:





I, using musical theory, have created order out of chaos. Okay, sorry for the Sherlock Holmes pun, but I was so bored and then so into creating these that it seemed like a very eccentric thing to do at the time. Those are quarters too, if you can't see. I'm thinking about drawing something like that, now that I've made a sculpture like that. They're destroyed now because I ended up putting too much on there.
And now for my first official movie review! Wait, I did one for Iron Man 2, so I guess this isn't that large of an event. oh well, here's the Prince of Persia review:
There are definitely some things to work out with this movie. The story was a very fluid and fast-paced, with a lot of traveling in between spots of flashbacks and important moments. Yet it seemed a little too fluid. There was no time to wonder 'what's next' because it moved forward too quickly. No questions or buildup of plot was required from the audience because it set it up for you. Basically, a movie meant to entertain, and nothing else.
Jake G. and Gemma A.'s acting was superb. They definitely put a lot of thought into the dialogue and that is clear by the great chemistry their characters' relationship seen on screen. that was definitely part of the movie I enjoyed. And when it came to dramatic scenes, no boring monologues were included; it went off very well.
The action was grand. Just as promised by the commercials and trailers, the fighting, swordsmanship, miscellaneous weaponry, and parkhour seen here seems hard to beat in movies to come. And the effects, I'm talking about the dagger, are great. They definitely made the scenes more enjoyable, just to sit there and gape at the coolness of it.
This is a movie simply to entertain, and nothing less.
Yeah, because this is the same one I posted on Yahoo, there's not many spoilers here, so that's why I didn't throw in the alert. But if you want to find the official Yahoo review I wrote, you'll have to have fun on your own.
So I'm considering broadening my minifigure collection now. There's some new Lego PoP sets out, and some of the characters are just superb. Money's always a problem though, so I'm not sure when I'll do it.

Next time I PROMISE my art show stuff WILL make it on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment