Friday, June 18, 2010

New Purchases

Today we picked up a familiar little contraption known as the Wit Balance Board. And what does that go with? That's right, Wit Fit. Well, in my family's case, the Wii Fit Plus game. I have never played the original, so I'll just start with this extended version of the game. There's strength training, aerobics, reflexes and balance tests, all sorts of games to help fitness.
But one of the things that I am DEFINITELY looking forward to trying is the Yoga. I've always been interested, but never really taken the time to research the poses and actually DO them. I can do the tree pose, and the one where you are like a bridge; that's probably called the bridge pose, but I don't know for sure.Martial arts have been a strong interest to me too, but again, commitment issues or something. Hopefully my uncle can help train me though, since he used to be a karate instructor. However, I don't know if I should do karate or kung fu. Kung Fu is more circular, and I love directing my arms like that. I'll just have to find out!
And, I finished the Alchemyst. That is one of the best fantasy books I've read in a LONG time. Warrior Heir was good, but it's a slightly less standard of a novel than this one. Anyways, Alchemyst starts off faster than many books I've read, and ends just as quick. There's tons of great storyline, magic, characters, and battles in between, and the description of the tale and everything thing relating to magic is SUPERB! I highly recommend it. Now, I'm looking for the sequels, The Magician, The Sorceress, and The Necromancer, and buy them. And did I mention that I need to buy another bookshelf? Well, I do.
Stay flamin'' hotmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment