Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Here Comes A New Review

Once again, I have a very large poster to mark the name of the movie, so this is the I-stop-talking-and-I-get-straight-to-the-review part of the blog!



The legend lives... literally. This was a flat-out epic, awesome, amazing, fantastic movie. I laughed, I nearly cried(a BIG deal here, people), stared in awe, and held my fist in victory.
There certainly has been a lot of great movies this summer, but I would say only Iron Man 2 comes close to topping this one, and it's still number two in my book. So, first thing I have to say is to get over the hype about this being just a remake of the first. That is very true, but it is fresh, funny, all-around great to watch. This movie has elements of action, drama, adventure, romance(little), tragedy(I guess that's drama), and even tiny hints of fantasy!
The acting is good, though in some situations you would question it. It works for the individual roles in the movie however, and so comes along smoothly. The story is the same, amazing one, and there are great shots and locations to contribute to the scale of the movie. It is very inspirational, as always with the karate kid, and made me feel like I could pick off a few baddies myself.
A few instances in the movie are a bit unclear, such as seeing a photo or the characters doing something without much explanation, and so force the imagination to work. It works in this movie though. It deserves every amount of praise it gets!
I just wanted to end rather dramatically there, sorry about that. But check this out!



I haven't posted anything Lego that I've searched for in a LONG time, but this was so, so beautiful I, I had to continue!(notice the incredibles pun?) And if anyone is out there paying attention to this blog, I need some suggestions on some drawings. I have a few in mind, but nothing's really struck gold yet.
Plus there was a new Last Airbender TV spot playing on the TV behind me a few seconds ago, and Katara speaks, Appa shows his face, and Sokka gives his trademark WOO-HOO! Man... this is going to be SUCH an epic movie.
I'm out(woohoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment