Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Have Returned!!!

It's definitely been a while since I've posted, but not as big as that fallout last winter. I can't even remember why I was so out of touch. Anyways, one of this summer's biggest movies, on my list, anyway, has finally made it to the review session. Yep, The Last Airbender was the movie I saw first thing on it's premier, though my friends weren't around so sadly they didn't share this horrendous experience with me.



Yeah, so if you suffer from chronic heartbreak, depression, anger issues, anxiety, or mood swings when it comes to mistakes dealing with your fave franchises, then I suggest you skip this entire section of the post. *REVIEW BEGINS HERE*
I had high hopes for this movie. I mean, you look at the promotional material, commercials, and the epic trailers and think that they're going to include the essential characters and storyline of the show's first season. WRONG! First off, many, many, MANY characters were missing. Sure, you could have gotten rid of Haru, The Fire Sages, and Chief Arnook if you wanted, but destroying the lives of many characters is heartbreaking.
Here's a list of characters that were eliminated that I feel should have stayed: Haru, Jet, Bato, Chief Arnook, Koh(Why did they write him off? WHY?!), Bumi(:0), Roku(insert anger issues), Suki(crying), and Jeong Jeong. It's awful. Some of these people come back and provide the backbones to the story. And the story IS demolished in the movie. There is ZERO character development. So remember the great personalities we all fell in love with? GONE! The Kyoshi Warriors were even planned to be in the movie, but then cut at the last minute. That's what I call pathetic. I'm still not sure whether I want to waste my money in buying the DVD.
*REVIEW ENDS HERE*
So, now that this traumatic experience is over, we can listen to the vast arsenal of art supplies I've got. You all know of my huge collections of colored pencils, which has grown by at least fifteen new colors and values by now. But now, thirty-six new variations of colors have joined the pack. I got them on my birthday(yay), so you may or may not know that. Also, a similar pack of pastel pencils, with a small assortment of plain pastels, are in the collection. Today I bought a twelve-pack of shades of graphite pencils, with one more hat was one degree over the pack I already have.
There's much more, including Newsprint(an accident, actually), Bristol Board(yay, again), charcoal pencils, kneaded and normal erasers, a mannequin, and an assortment of drawing books. Ahh, I'm in good shape now.

No comments:

Post a Comment