Monday, July 12, 2010

New Compositions

Well, I've had a couple of new ones for a while now, but I'm only just now getting on the share them with the world. I have a Deviantart, as I said before, but the procrastination on there is lot bigger. Anyways, BEHOLD!



So, i made the real ceramic mask that this composition is based on when I was in elementary school, and I dug it up looking for stuff to draw. See, I had done a similar still life drawing in sixth grade with the two drama masks, but it was lost to the heavens*dramatic pause*. So, it's back and better than ever. This was a composition I put together mainly to test my finesse when it came to textures. See, I don't know whether i shade at the lowest points of each individual part of the texture, like a bump's highlights and shadows. This was just an exercise to get me used to that.
And my art palette hasn't expanded since my last post, but I have been using the drawing trees book a lot more often. The techniques on the leaves are VERY tricky indeed, my friends. It goes on to explains gesture sketches, and rough shadows, plus the way you mark with the pencils determines the quantity and shapes of the leaves. For all you art folks out there, you can understand me, right? Erin, this means you!
So I'll be posting some new stuff soon, including a great new mannequin compostion and my attempts with the trees. Ha, that makes it sound like I failed at climbing trees or something. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment